Advice and education
Our speech and language therapists, at Manchester SLT offer advice and education for parents and carers of individuals with speech and language difficulties and to those who work with individuals with speech, language and communication and eating/drinking difficulties.
What types of advice and education do we provide?
Manchester SLT provides various methods of advice and education depending upon the specific area of speech, language or communication difficulty an individual has.
Below is a list of some of them and will include the individual, parent or carer and educational staff member:
- Speech and language therapy plans and reviews which are tailored to the individual and include curriculum targets and any individual educational plans (IEP) targets.
- How to create a more effective communication environment.
- Information and guidance on the best form of communication for the individual.
- Awareness of various communication methods which may help the individual with their speech, language or communication difficulty.
- Training for the specific needs of the individual and how to support them in the best way possible.
- Techniques and interventions in relation to equipment needed to support the individual.
- Advice on statement reports and how to get the best communication environment in place or the individual.
Our speech and language therapy advice and educational packages aim to cover every aspect of how to enhance communication and how to incorporate this into everyday life. We offer a supportive environment where you can learn and create new communication possibilities for the individual you are caring for.
How do I arrange a training session, and an appointment with a speech and language therapist?
If you would like to arrange an appointment with one of our speech and language therapists or require any more information on our advice and education services, or, please contact us by emailing: email@example.com or calling: 0161 883 0111.Back to Top