Training for care home staff
At Manchester SLT, our speech and language therapists offer a service of training and advice for care home staff who are caring for individuals with speech, language and communication and eating/drinking difficulties.
What is Training for care home staff?
Training for care home staff is all about how best to help and support an individual with speech, language, communication and eating/drinking difficulties. This training will be carried out by one of Manchester SLT's specialist speech and language therapists and will be adapted to specific needs of the individual being cared for appropriately.
What types of training for care home staff do we provide?
At Manchester SLT we provide various methods of training depending upon the specific area of speech, language or communication difficulty an individual has.
Below is a list of some of them and will include the individual and carer:
- How to create a more effective communication environment.
- Information and guidance on the best form of communication for the individual.
- Awareness of various communication methods which may help the individual with their speech, language or communication difficulty.
- Training for the specific needs of the individual and how to support them in the best way possible.
- Techniques and interventions in relation to equipment needed to support the individual.
Manchester SLT's speech and language therapy training packages aim to cover every aspect of how to enhance communication and how to incorporate this into everyday life. We offer a supportive environment where you can learn and create new communication possibilities for the individual you are caring for.
How do I arrange a training session, and an appointment with a speech and language therapist?
If you would like to arrange an appointment with one of our speech and language therapists, or require any more information on our training services, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling: 0161 883 0111. Do not hesitate to get in touch and one of our dedicated team members will be ready and willing to help.Back to Top